Sunday, November 8, 2009

The Project

The Project:

A couple months back, I purchased approximately 250,000 sports cards from another local collector who never had the chance to sort and organize them the way he wanted to. I have always loved sports cards, especially the sorting and organizing aspect. I'll admit I have hopes to at least earning back my investment by sorting and ultimately selling these off. That's a ways off though. There is a lot of organizing to do before I get to that point.

Probably half of what I bought is baseball cards as shown below:

That's not all of the baseball either. This stuff is filled up our garage pretty good.
Yup, all of those boxes are full of cards.

The blog:
I figured the journey though the boxes would likely be an interesting one for me and for cardlovers like me. I'm not publishing the blog in an effort to sell or trade anything. This is more of a way for me to show what crazy, interesting things I come across. Don't be surprised to see scans of some nasty mullets or Rollie Fingers' moustache. There have been a lot of cards made and as such, some interesting things caught on cardboard. I hope to step away from the dollars and cents of this hobby for a little bit and blog about the cool stuff that cards inherently are.
If this project works out okay, I may buy a few more collections to sort and flip down the road and will blog that progress too.
About me:
There are few collectors like me for this reason: I am a married mother of 2 and a professional accountant. Most collectors are guys and that's fine. I got into the hobby as a kid in the mid-80's and, while I got away from it for a few years, have gotten back into it over the last couple of years. As for my personal collections, I collect Portland Trail Blazers, Reggie Miller, and TJ Houshmandzadeh. You may see sprinkings here and that of those too.

No comments:

Post a Comment